Sunday, March 28, 2010

Back into the saddle

Its been well over a since since my last post, work, a gammy knee and house renovations have all conspired to keep me away from my allotments.

Below, my hative de niort shallots are growing on well and will be planted on the plots once a bed for them is cleared. They were potted up in February as a few had started to sprout. They are an excellent shallot and a good variety if you like showing.
















These three pictures are in reverse order. In essence, I sow a pot of sweet basil and once it has sprouted well, pull out clumps of 4-6 seedlings and pot them up as a clump. The clumps when well established and after any danger of frosts go into my tunnels, planted between my tomato plants. Some will remain at home in the salad and herb bar for easy pickings.











With Kazzi returning from New Zealand this week, a few sweet pea seeds from her brother Nigel's garden have been sowed. They are pretty much straight out the pod as it's early autumn there. Lets see what comes up!





No comments: