Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ploughmans Lunch


















Mowing plot 3 and ploughing it


Finally I can post updates again, my new camera arrived today just as I was leaving for the plots with a trailer load of manure. I arrived to find the ploughman mowing and ploughing our new plot. This was a suprise as he wasnt expected for a week or two as it had been so wet. This is good news though as the fruit trees are starting to bud up and can now be planted out.

As our soil is quite clayey, if we were to just dig a hole and plant a tree, the hole would fill up with water and drown the tree. So, now its a case of buying some posts and getting on with the job.

Some of this lovely crumbly 12 year old manure 12 year old vintage muck
will also go into the planting holes. The rest of it
went into two more raised beds along with the contents of a compost bin. As its so old its a fabulous planting medium in its own right and can be used as is. Our local farmer supplies it to me for free so I am quite spoilt where shit is concerned.


%0

1 comment:

Quarryman said...

You said it boy. I'm not certain about your maths with the IBCs though 45000 ltrs. ???
bfn