Friday, August 24, 2007

A few reasons why I love France.





Yes I admit it, I am a confirmed Francophile. When was the last time you saw a UK market stall selling heritage tomatoes, or allowed pensioners to sell there home grown dahlias (2 euros a bunch) from a small table.

Show me in the UK country houses and gardens that cost less that a fiver for two people to go around, and hundreds of them to chose from to boot.

Cafe culture is just fabulous, we are catching on in the UK but nowhere to the extent that the French have it sorted. I just love having lunch and a glass of local vin rouge whilst watching the world go by. Without having my wallet raped I might add, or suffering piss heads at the next table.

Finally every village, comune or town is BOTHERED about its appearance and every where there are flowers planted, very little litter and a sense of pride. The French ARE proud of their communities and rightly show them off. All I hear over here is "cutbacks".

No comments: