Saturday, August 09, 2008

Its been a long time but!



Its been a long time since I updated my blog but a change in work circumstances means instead of working 4 days on and 4 off I am now working Monday to Friday and very often away from home giving me much less free time than before.

Anyway, the grapes in our tunnels are now ripening up, so much so that we have picked the first bunches. They taste superb. Very sweet and just gorgeous striaght off the vine. The variety is "Cardinal" and came from a nursery in Normandy (France). We now have 3 in the tunnels and 2 outside and we may stretch to a row or two in an attempt to grow enough for some wine although that will be a very hit and miss affair knowing our weather.

5 comments:

Hazel said...

Yes it has!

Fab to see you back though - and those grapes look superb. I've had a vine in a pot here in the courtyard garden for about 8 years, and this year has been the first year that it looks to have any meaningful grapes - if they ever ripen, of course.

It's the Hill show tomorrow - I have an entry for the SHALLOTS (hative de niorte) which you kindly let me have at Malvern last autumn - I have high hopes for them (will do piccies on my blog)...wish me luck!

Kath said...

Welcome back to blogland! The grapes look brilliant.k

sarah-Jane said...

i would love a few of your seeds if possible, i have just been to chilli festival and was unable to buy any. now seeing your blog i know why.

Sarah-Jane

Matron said...

I bet they tasted wonderful! Welcome back to blogland.

Clare Channing said...

Harumpf, not fair - i live in France and can't get anything like that many. Well done, they look fantastic and I'll bet you can make a cracking wine out of them.