Thursday, September 13, 2007

Rose de Roscoff onion seeds


Following on from growing our own banana shallot seeds last year, this year it was Rose de Roscoff onions turn. They are a medium sized rose tinged mild onion with good keeping qualities and an excellent taste. They are exclusively cultivated around Roscoff in Brittany France and over here, the seeds are almost impossible to get hold of. To get around that we planted said onions sourced in France last October and voila, some 30 seed heads are the result. The seed is nice and ripe now so will just need separating from the seed cases.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Would you be willing to sell any of last years Rose de Roscoff onion seeds to me? That is, if you have any left!

I'm anxious to cook with them...they have such a long tradition, and since we don't have any "Johnnies" to stop by and sell them in braids, I thought I'd look up Rose de Roscoff onions on Google and...voila! I found YOU!

Hope to hear from you sooner than later! Karey

Evington Hilltop Adventures said...

pm me via the grapevine and I will take it from there Karey.